Monday, November 9, 2009

Keeping the Faith and the Tatas!!!!!!

Hello everyone! I received AWESOME news today. Annette, one of Dr. Baron's assistants called me at about 2:00pm today. She said she had literally just received my BRCA gene test results a few moments ago and wanted to call me ASAP to give me the good news....it was NEGATIVE!!!!! WOW! I am thrilled! God is so good, he has answered yet another prayer of mine! His Will is being done and he has spared me my tatas!!! For those of you who don't understand "tatas" there is a new breast cancer awareness campaign/marketing slogan that simply says "Save The Tatas". I think it is so funny yet must admit I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a t-shirt with that on the front. It's a fun way of referring to a woman's chest though don't you think??

When Jesse and Dylan got off the bus today I just couldn't contain the excitement about the test coming back negative. We stood in the kitchen and I grabbed both their hands and screamed "time to do the happy dance". I think they thought Mommy had gone nutzo on them but it was still fun to be goofy with them. I explained to them why this was such good news and I could tell on Dylan's face he was relieved to know that the surgery wouldn't be too complicated. I honestly felt like running into the streets just screaming "Praise the Lord, for He is so good, all the time!" If it had been raining today I probably would have gone out to dance in the rain! I'm looking forward to a huge hug (or 2, or 3, or 4, or....) from Benton tonight!

We're are proceeding with the surgery date for my lumpectomy on Wed, Nov 18th. I do not know what time surgery will be yet. Like I said earlier I know it will be at Roper Hospital in downtown Charleston. Tomorrow I have to have some simple blood work done but am just going to my primary care physicians office to have it completed.

Wow, what a day filled with joy! I love knowing that God is in total control of this situation in my life, and in all areas of my life. I honestly know he hears and answers my prayers!

John 16:23-24, "I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 24Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete."

0 comments: