Thursday, November 5, 2009

More Info...

Just got an unexpected phone call from Jill Neumann, the PA for Dr. Baron. It was 6:30pm when she called so I was quite surprised. She said they have the results from the pathology report. My cancer is a "grade 3" on a scale of 1-3; 1 being the lowest in agressiveness, 3 being the highest. Sounds scary but really isn't. It doesn't change the diagnosis, treatment, surgery or prognosis. Just means that if, when they go in to remove the cells, that it may have spread a little. If the cancer has spread they will just take it out while I am already in surgery.

On a side note I asked Jill what she was doing at work so late. She told me they had a really tough day today. I was honest and told her I noticed that she was not "herself" when I saw her earlier and also mentioned that it seemed like the whole staff was confused and not "on top of things" today. She said it got really crazy in the office this afternoon and she apologized if it came across to me that way. I feel better knowing that today was an unusual day for their office. I have total confidence in them and know that this is the practice and surgeon I want to use.

Packed a few more boxes but had to keep out the electric skillet so we can have pancakes in the morning. We hope to move our beds over to the new house tomorrow and actually sleep at our new house for the first night! Woo-hoo!!!

Thanks to everyone for all your continued prayers and thoughts. Do you know I have people praying for me in Paris, France??? Isn't that awesome to know that God hears our prayers all over the world even though I'm in small town Summerville, SC??? God is so good, all the time!!!!!

Good night all!

2 comments:

Wolverines Silver said...

Dont worry about that 3...that just means God will get even more glory when you are completely healed!! Also, the number 3 means perfect or complete in the Bible so I believe you are going to be perfectly and completely healed!!!

Tammy said...

Love it Joy! Thanks for the reminder of the power of 3! :)