Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Emperor Penguins

Today is Tuesday and I finally got a call back from the doctors office with the results of my MRI. She said something about the area where the calcification is being about the size of a half dollar. I'm confused by that since it looked so tiny on the digital mammogram photos. I do know, though, that MRI's give a much more in-depth look (more like 3D). She has some concern about the swelling of a few lymph nodes but also mentioned that the swelling there could be from the biopsy. It's not uncommon apparently for the nodes to swell after a biopsy has been done. I have a follow-up visit scheduled with the surgeon for this Thursday afternoon. He will review the MRI results and the pathology reports with me then. Still waiting for the results of the BRCA test to come back. They should be back no later than next Tuesday.

I woke up at 4:30am today with the knots in my stomach again. I got up around 5:30am, made my coffee, and talked with the Lord for about 15 minutes. It always helps to lay all my concerns before him. He knows every thought, emotion, and concern going through my head right now. As soon as I finished praying and began waking up the boys, all my anxiety subsided. Again, I must say, GOD IS SO GOOD TO ME! Even the smallest of prayer requests he answers. He calmed my nerves once again and let me proceed through the day with joy and a smile on my face.

Benton came home for lunch today and we sat and laughed about the funny comment Dylan made in the car this morning. Here is how the conversation went:
Jesse, "Mommy, how much does Daddy weigh?"
Me, "About 225 pounds."
Dylan, "Wow, that means Daddy could pick up an Emperor Penguin! They only weigh about 125 pounds!".
The joy Dylan and Jesse bring to my life is priceless. Just when I thought I'd have a "uneasy" day, Dylan pipes up and makes the cutest comments. Right when I started to giggle he said "STOP!". I told him I couldn't because his delightful personality makes my heart so happy I just can't help but chuckle!

It is an absolutely perfect fall day here in Summerville. The sun is shining, the breeze is blowing softly, and the leaves are falling. It's just gorgeous! A perfect day for moving more boxes to the new house! Off I go!

0 comments: