Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Little Confused...

Today is Thursday 11/5/09 and I just returned from what I thought would be a simple, quick, "follow-up" appt with the surgeon. Everything went well, with the exception that the appt took about 1 1/2 hours and the staff seemed a little out of sorts today. It was as though no one knew much of anything about my MRI and Pathology report results. Dr. Baron asked his assistant where the pathology report was and she said it was being reviewed by another doctor in their office.

I first met with Jill Neumann, the Physician Assistant, who explained to me the procedure of the lumpectomy and the procedure of testing the sentinel nodes. They will test the nodes at the same time they are doing the lumpectomy. They test the nodes because if the cancer cells have spread anywhere that is the first place they go. If the nodes come back negative they will sew me up and I'll be good. If the nodes come back positive they will remove them and the surgery will just take a little longer and I'll be a little more sore for a few days. The cool thing is that they do all this at one time.

Both Jill and Dr. Baron still are very optimistic about the outcome of the surgery. We have tentatively scheduled my surgery for Wednesday, November 18th. I will have the surgery at Roper Hospital in Charleston. However, if the BRCA test come back positive, we will need to cancel that date and then start a whole new ball game of possible mastectomy and ovary surgery. Please pray that the test results come back negative!!!! I like my tatas just the way they are and so does my hubby! Enough said on that....I'm giggling right now!

So, a few more days to wait for the BRCA test and assuming those are negative we are on for the 18th. Benton will take that day off and then I should be fine to be at home by myself during the day while the boys are in school. Benton will be on Daddy duty in the mornings though so please begin praying for him now about that responsibility for him! I'm giggling again as I can only imagine what the mornings will be like without me making lunches, telling the boys what to wear, and getting them out the door on time!

I have not made a decision yet on an Oncologist. I'm sure Dr. Baron and his staff will begin talking to me soon about that choice. There is an Oncology practice right next door to Dr. Baron's office that is recommended so we'll most likely end up with them.

Time to get Jesse to his basketball evaluation for Upward tonight. The move is going well and we are thrilled that so many friends from church are willing to help us this Saturday to get 'er done!

A verse for the day...John 14:27, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

1 comments:

Wolverines Silver said...

Im giggling too thinking of dad taking care of the morning routine. If it were my house, the boys would not match, hair would be sticking up, and I wouldn't even want to think about what would end up in the lunch box! LOL! I'm praying for you guys!! Hugs!!