Sunday, October 25, 2009

Calming the Nerves...

This past Friday I actually felt nervous about the cancer. I woke up with knots in my stomach, not an upset stomach, just knots. I called Benton and asked him to pray for me. Today I felt the same way. Maybe because I knew many friends would ask me questions at church today. Who knows why, I just had a nervous stomach. This morning at church, however, my nerves were calmed quickly. A friend of ours sings solos at church sometimes. Her name is Cecelia and she certainly has the spiritual gift of her voice and singing. She sang a gorgeous song by Janet Pascal and it brought me to tears. She told Benton before service that she had been thinking about us this past week and knew she wanted to sing something for me. WOW! She moved me to tears in both services. I needed to cry though, thank you Cecelia! She will be sending me the lyrics to the song and I will be sure to post them for all to read. I just want to say thank you again to everyone out there who is praying for us. We have the appointment with my surgeon on Tuesday morning. I'm hoping to get an MRI and some blood work scheduled for this coming week and then possibly get my surgery scheduled for the following week. I'm beginning to get very anxious about wanting to get the surgery over with. I know that I am to cast all my care on the Lord though because he cares for me! 1 Peter 5:7, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

This afternoon we spent outside watching the boys play in the water with the hose. It's a gorgeous day here in SC. Hard to believe that it is the end of October and the boys are playing in swimsuits in the front yard! We've started trying to get organized to move some things in the new house next weekend. Thanks to our SS class for being so available to help us move. We are so blessed to know such loving, genuine, caring, and giving people!

Time to get back to church to lead my Helper By Design class. Just a few more weeks and we'll be done with the book!

0 comments: