Monday, October 26, 2009

Tomorrow's a big day...

Getting ready to meet Dr. Paul Baron tomorrow. He is supposed to be the best breast cancer surgeon in the area. He came highly recommended to me by at least 3 sources. I'm ready to hear what he says and get the show on the road!

Today I treated myself to a massage...I think I've been just a little stressed out the past few weeks. It felt great but she said I should really come in once a week for a while to help relieve the tension in my shoulders and back. Wouldn't that be wonderful! I wonder if she will make house calls?

It's definitely feeling like a fall day here. Cloudy & cool...I'm loving this weather! Perfect for trick-or-treating this coming weekend!

I'll be sure to add a new post tomorrow and document what the surgeon tells us about my prognosis and next steps. Please pray for my mind to be "alert" and "open" to whatever the conversation entails. I'm not good with the medical lingo!

Thank you for the continued prayers! Oh yeah, closing on our new house is still scheduled for this Friday! Benton took the whole day off so we can bask in the glory of being in debt once again together! Hahaha!

Until tomorrow....

1 comments:

Beth said...

Tammy,
I didn't realize that you were going through this but you seem to have a wonderful support system and positive outlook. We will pray for your family and hope that you find continued strength in God's presence in your life. There is one thing I have learned over the last year. Don't ever be afraid to stop a doctor and ask them to explain something to you that you might not understand. The sign of a compassionate doctor is one who does that without skipping a beat. Ask questions. Ask them again if you still aren't sure what your hearing. It is your right as the patient. (Off my soap box now!) Good luck and I will check in and see how your day went.