Saturday, October 24, 2009

Lunch at Ladles...

Yesterday I had lunch with Jessica Hall, the young lady from Medfield who also lives here in Summerville and has just finished up her treatment for her breast cancer. WOW! What a wonderful lively converstation we had. It was so nice to meet her. Seems like we have lots in common. There was not a moment of silence between the two of us for the whole hour we were at lunch. She shared a wealth of information with me and also answered some of the more "silly" questions about surgery and treatments. For example, "Will I be able to take a shower after surgery?"..answer, "No, not for at least 2-3 days." Lovely huh? At least I can sit in a bath tub though and give myself a sponge bath! I feel like I instanteously have a new friend to share my journey with. Thank you Jessica for having Lunch with me at Ladles and sharing your story with me. I so look forward to getting to know you and your family in the future!

0 comments: