Thursday, October 22, 2009

Miles of Prayers at Miles Road & Beyond

Every Wednesday evening is a prayer night for the adults at our chuch, Miles Road Baptist Church. Benton and I have been blessed to be part of a smaller group of prayer warriors who pray together for a solid hour upstairs in the choir room. I can't not begin to express how the Holy Spirit shows us his presence during our prayer time. It is awesome to feel the spirt moving around and through all of us who pray together. Tears are shed and laughter is heard during our prayer time.

Last night was especially touching for Benton and I. So many prayers were lifted up on our behalf. I praise the Lord for Tommy Ward reaching out in prayer to Benton. Having been through a similar experience with his wife he read exactly what was on my mind....Benton. I know Benton well enough to say that he doesn't always express his feelings. He tends to hold things in until he explodes. Tommy assured Benton that it is OK to cry, to fear, and to have questionable thoughts about what the future holds. I want him to cry, and I want him to have other men he can call and lean on when he is worried. Thank you to the Tommy and the rest of the wonderful friends and prayer warriors who prayed diligently over us last night....Norm Fortier, Debbi Dunlap, Ivy Dingler, Tommy Ward, and Nancy Bone. We love you all and are so thankful that you will be on this journey with us!

0 comments: